Thursday, July 23, 2009

Grandmas' swedish pancakes

As you probably remember Jamie...Grandma use to make these for all the Brookshier get togethers. We could always count on Grandma to bring these delish delights to the breakfast table. It's an old family recipe. Your Great Grandma use to make them too...

3eggs (lightly beaten)
1 cup of milk
11/2 cups flour
1 Tbl. sugar
1/2 teasp. salt
1/2 cup cream or half and half
2 Tbl. melted butter

mix eggs and 1/2 cup of the milk together. Fold in dry ingredients. (whisk dry ingredients together before adding)
Add cream and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Mix. Then add a bit of this mixture to your melted butter. It tempers it so it doesn't just sit on top of the pancake mixture. Then add this into the rest of the mix.
Stir...but, not to hard.
Heat a non-stick pan,( about med. high) and lightly brush or wipe down with crisco spray with pam.
Add about 1/3 cup to the pan, and swirl around. The edges will start to curl...time to flip!
Doesn't take too long.
I put them in a damp towel in the oven (set at 200) till all are done.
Then the best part...EATING!!!!!
I like to roll them up with butter, and jam inside...then pour syrup over the top...Yum-o-rama!!!!

I know that every time I make these...Grandma is watching over my shoulder making sure that they come out perfect.
I hope that when you make them...you feel Grandma too...

No comments:

Post a Comment